About the Role:
We are looking for a proactive and motivated Senior Firmware Engineer to come in and join our fun small team building a wearable biosensor for children. You will be joining us in our final validation of the firmware in collaboration with the product team which has both electrical, firmware and algorithm engineers, and get the product shipping.
Ideally, you have:
10+ years experience. Experience with wearable and hardware device companies like Fitbit, Jawbone, Basis, Apple, Google X, Striiv, Garmin, Intel, Amazon, etc. is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead firmware development and architecture for a wearable device
- Implement sensors firmware along with other firmware engineers
- Lead BLE integration and optimization
- Working to complete preliminary testing, debugging, and documentation of all features based on product specification
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent C programming skills on embedded systems.
- Experience with ARM Microprocessors
- Experience with RTOS
- Familiarity with assembly language, reading sensor data sheets.
- Expertise with Bluetooth Smart (pre FCC certified) firmware implementation with SDK for iOS and Android
- Power optimization and integration of various peripherals from Bluetooth to WIFI and GSM modules.
- Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
Compensation and equity ownership negotiable
About Good Parents:
Good Parents is an innovative startup developing wearables for kids. Our first product is the Kiddo, a revolutionary wearable tracking health and wellness metrics for kids. Founded by seasoned entrepreneurs and a highly experienced team, we are backed by the leading hardware and IoT incubators and well-known investors. We are headquartered in San Francisco.